Thursday, November 6, 2008

Beginning of Art Talk...

I have contemplated quite a while to open a blog to show some of my own images and say a word or two about artist's profession.
I am a professional artist working at the moment in Thailand. Originally I am from Finland and go back there every now and then to showcase my work.

I feel that art has a lot to offer to our World, especially at the times when economy is faulting. People tend to think too much about money-related issues and much less about things that really matter - at least to me.

I hope You - as reader will enjoy my blog and if I wake up some thoughts the better.

This first pic is from the year 2000. It is from a series of gouache paintings where I combined gouache and silk screen. The Holiday Inn chain purchased quite a few of these artworks to their hotel in Salmisaari, Helsinki. They are there at display on the corridors and rooms.

I have tried to explore different materials and printing options since new and exciting always makes me see the huge potential in art.
I hope this kicks in my blog.

No comments: