Thursday, November 6, 2008

Four Graphic Prints



























These prints were created for my exhibition in Helsinki. They were a series of prints related to poetry of Eeva-Liisa Manner. One of my favorite poets. I don't know whether she has ever been published in English but doubt it since her poetry is quite attached to Finnish language and rather difficult if not impossible to translate into a full extent.

First I painted these images in the old fashion oil colors and later started to work as redrawing them for screen. I like this kind of transformation since it gives me time to change things I don't like and take time to take the work a bit further. So they may look works that were done in a short time but actually achieving the feeling that I wanted, it took more than two weeks just to draw the films I needed for the screen.

I hope people see them as flexible and sort of dream of an alternative World - just like poetry suggests...

No comments: